The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a for-profit business while attending college of university. Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
Criteria in order to participate in GSEA Nepal:
- The student must be an undergraduate (Bachelors) or graduate* (Masters) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- The student must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of their company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- The business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- The student’s company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- The student must not have been the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards winner in the past and/or were not one of the top six finalists from the previous year’s GSEA Finals Competition.
- The student must be below 35 years of age.
Road to Global Finals:
- Apply for the National Finals
- Get selected for the National Semi-Finals
- Attend the Incubation Workshop
- Compete in the National Finals
- Win the National Finals
- Get Private Mentorship Sessions
- Compete in the Global Finals
- Win the Global Finals
GSEA Nepal 2017/18 Finals prizes:
- First place will receive Rs. 50,000 in cash and paid trip (travel/lodging) to compete in GSEA Finals in Canada.
- Second place will receive Rs. 25,000 in cash.
- Third place will receive Rs. 10,000 in cash.
GSEA Global Finals 2017/18 prizes:
- First place will receive a prize package of US$20,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000.
- Second place will receive US$10,000.
- Third place will receive US$5,000.
Application Deadline: 30 November 2018
For further information and application form, Click on the provided link.