mBillionth Award recognizes and felicitates innovative mobile application based initiatives across nine South Asian countries in 10 core categories- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
Over the past nine years that the mBillionth Awards had been taking place, it has created a repository of nearly 2,400 innovations and given people an opportunity to interact with innovators, entrepreneurs and government officials at a closer level.
As for Nepal, it had 7 entries in 2016, 1 entry in 2018 and 2 entries in 2019. Accordingly, the companies that had won in the past include Sparrow SMS and Smart कृषि. This time, this could be any of you too.
Here are the eligibility criteria:
– Award nominations should be for projects that have been on the ground for at least 6 months. Only the Early Stage Category accepts nominations for applications existing
for less than six months.
– The same project will not be considered under multiple categories. One product can
only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple project submissions by the
same organization/company/team, each product requires a separate registration
under a separate category.
– Past year’s winners cannot nominate their winning project once again.
– Irrespective of the product/project language, all producer and project information
must be submitted in English.
– Any incomplete or unfinished registration form will be rejected.
– The mBillionth Awards are open to Government, Telecom innovators, Academician and Academic institutions, NGOs, App developers, Individualists/Students, Entrepreneurs and Industry (Private Sector Companies) from the SAARC countries.
– Recognition in the space of mobile and telecom services across South Asia.
– Networking with other companies and stakeholders in the same field.
– Chance to demonstrate and promote products among influencers and leaders of the mobile world.
– Opportunity to express views and experiences about the role of mobile practices in the global development effort.
Nominations open– August 1, 2019
Nominations close– August 31, 2019
Grand Jury– September 15, 2019
Award Gala– December 2019
For more information about this, visit mBillionth Awards Awards South Asia 2019.